STUDENT DEVELOPMENT & PLACEMENT CENTER/ GUIDANCE SERVICES
- To provide opportunities for the total development of the students’ potentials in the school’s various activities.
- To assist the adolescents in their choices of profession through career orientation.
- To develop the students’ awareness of their roles as social beings in the service of Christ and their fellowmen through selected activities in coordination with the academic and the support services staff of the school.
- To provide programs to the school’s clientele for their emotional, social, intellectual, and behavioral problems.
Thus students are encouraged to visit the SDPC and avail of the following services:
- Individual Inventory – helps the individual develop into the person he is capable of becoming by providing a synthesis of information about the individual which he can use alone or in consort with others in social context to gain understanding of himself, as he is potentially capable of becoming.
- Counseling Services – the primary concern of Counseling Service is with the development of the person. It is implemented to help each individual to achieve optimum growth and development as a person capable of self-direction, sound decision and self-understanding.
- Information Service – assists the individual become a person he is capable of becoming by helping him know and appreciate the real world of work in which he will be expected to function. The Information Service helps each individual understand the options open to him for education, training and educational pursuits.
- Career Development Service – assists each learner to become actively involved in a positive way in his decision making. Seniors are given assistance in choosing their career, vocation or special fields of studies.
- Evaluation and Follow-up Services – the SDPC Office conducts evaluation, follow-up counseling and researches to further improve guidance services.